Suzanne Lovell Inc. is looking for a Jr. Interior Architect
Who we are: For over 30 years, Suzanne Lovell Inc. has consistently delivered gracious and timeless residences for private clients. With a solid architectural foundation, we strive every day to design residential interiors that offer unique lifestyle experiences for our clients. Our team of experts work collaboratively across a range of specialties and disciplines including interior architecture, interior design, fine art research, construction administration and custom furniture design. In addition to a lively and creative work environment, we are proud to offer eligible team members a competitive compensation package including medical benefits, 401k matching, paid time off and a hybrid work schedule. We believe that a picture is worth a thousand words, as such please explore our work at www.suzannelovellinc.com
About the role: Suzanne Lovell Inc. is searching for a motivated and passionate Junior Interior Architect to support the Architectural team and contribute to project designs, source architectural materials and finishes, produce both interior and exterior elevations, detail drawings and CAD plans. This is a full-time role based in our Chicago office and the ideal candidate will have entry level or internship experience within residential interior architecture.
The responsibilities of the job will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contributes to wide range of projects which are all varied in size and level of complexity; and shows a full understanding of the tasks needed to complete from Schematic Design phase through Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction, all the way through to final delivery.
- Assists in the preparation of client presentation, design drawings, and construction documents.
- Participate in materials selection, coordination of custom samples and material applications throughout the design process, working alongside Sr. Architects and the Principal.
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments given. Track and manage time and resources during all phases of project(s).
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure the architectural library is current, organized, documented and archived properly
- Assist in construction administration using prescribed methods (review of submittals, respond to RFI’s, assist in review of pay-applications, and change orders, and accompany to site visits as required)
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of interior architecture practice with emphasis on materials, construction methods, and integration of various elements and/or aspects.
- Strong motivational characteristics that promote Team play amongst all parties involved including the in-house team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience preparing client-facing presentations
Years of experience: 0-3 years with entry level or internship experience in high-end residential
Education: BS or BFA in Interior Design or Architecture
Software Skills: AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Strong 3D Rendering Skills, Revit, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Google Sketch-Up