Suzanne Lovell Inc is looking for a Junior Interior Designer
Who we are: For over 25 years, Suzanne Lovell Inc. has consistently delivered gracious and timeless residences for its private clients. With a solid architectural foundation, we strive every day to design residential interiors that offer unique lifestyle experiences for our clients. Our process integrates architecture, sophisticated materials, custom furniture, textiles, antiques and fine art collection to express a passion for HOME and conveys each client’s distinct personality.
About the role: Suzanne Lovell Inc. is searching for a motivated and passionate Junior Interior Designer to support the Design and Product teams who can contribute to project designs, source and specify product and materials and contribute to client facing proposals and presentations. This is a full-time role based in our Chicago office and the ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience as an interior designer.
The responsibilities of the job will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proven ability to conceptualize, visualize and realize design ideas and objectives for both large- and small-scale projects
- Responsible for sourcing specifying furniture, fabrics, wall treatments, lighting, window treatments, interior finishes, custom fabrications, etc. on assigned projects as directed by the Project Designer and Managing Partner
- Create and collaborate on purchase orders, working cross functionally to ensure procurement strategy runs efficiently
- Prepare project space plans and integrate selections into architectural drawings
- Act as a key player in creating meaningful client experiences, working as part of a project team to service client accounts with integrity, detail and sophistication throughout the project and beyond completion.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of interior architecture practice with emphasis on materials, construction methods, and integration of various elements and/or aspects.
- Head on approach to problem solving skills with a keen sense of anticipating and identifying issues and finding solutions
- A proven ability to prioritize numerous tasks in order to meet deadlines and deliver high quality client service
- Strong motivational characteristics that promotes Team play amongst all parties involved including the in-house team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience preparing client-facing presentations
- NCIDQ Licensure is strongly preferred
Years of experience: 1-3 years of experience in interior design, with strong preference given to candidates who have experience in high-end residential
Education: BS or BFA in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
Software Skills: AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Strong 3D Rendering Skills, Revit, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Google Sketch-Up