Suzanne Lovell Inc. is looking for an Office Manager
Who we are: For over 30 years, Suzanne Lovell Inc. has consistently delivered gracious and timeless residences for private clients. With a solid architectural foundation, we strive every day to design residential interiors that offer unique lifestyle experiences for our clients. Our team of experts work collaboratively across a range of specialties and disciplines including interior architecture, interior design, fine art research, construction administration and custom furniture design. In addition to a lively and creative work environment, we are proud to offer eligible team members a competitive compensation package including medical benefits, 401k matching, paid time off and a hybrid work schedule. We believe a picture is worth a thousand words, as such please explore our work at www.suzannelovellinc.com
About the Role: Suzanne Lovell Inc. is seeking an Office Manager to manage the day to day functionalities of our HQ in Chicago’s River North and support the flow of work throughout the business. This role is a full-time position in our office Monday through Friday during business hours.
The responsibilities of the job will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage an active calendar of Client meetings and office appointments to create and guide a seamless office operation.
- Work cross-functionally with the Principal and Project Leads to understand weekly priorities, and direct Principal’s focus accordingly.
- Working with the Principal and other members of the leadership team, oversee the execution of employee development initiatives, plan team building opportunities, coordinate regular all-hands meetings and administer the twice-yearly performance review process.
- Support the overall function of the office by managing general office phones, maintaining supplies and equipment, assisting with the receiving and shipment of materials as needed by staff and assisting with general office organization, especially with our materials library.
- Welcome Clients and guests to our Studio in accordance with the SLI brand standard, demonstrating exemplary hospitality and a sophisticated presence.
- Act as the point person for key operational vendors that the firm relies on for organizational function, including equipment servicing, courier services, maintenance vendors, building management and third party technology and IT support providers.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with impeccable organizational skills and a habit of following through to full completion.
- Must show ability to proactively manage office needs and devise solutions quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously while effectively reading a situation and executing sound decision quality.
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks in order to meet deadlines and deliver high quality Client and Executive service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to mirror the desired sophistication and tone that is reflective of the SLI standard of excellence.
Years of experience: 5+ years’ experience managing office operations and processes, preferably within the Creative or Design industry
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Software Skills: Microsoft Suite, Experience with both Apple and Windows operating systems, project management experience preferred