Suzanne Lovell Inc. is looking for a Project Interior Architect / Project Interior Designer
Who we are: For over 25 years, Suzanne Lovell Inc. has consistently delivered gracious and timeless residences for its private clients. With a solid architectural foundation, we strive every day to design residential interiors that offer unique lifestyle experiences for our clients. Our process integrates architecture, sophisticated materials, custom furniture, textiles, antiques and fine art collection to express a passion for HOME and conveys each client’s distinct personality.
About the role: Suzanne Lovell Inc. is searching for a motivated and passionate Project Architect or Interior Designer to support the Design and Architectural teams who can own project designs, including both interior and exterior elevations and interior 3D renderings. This is a full-time role based in our Chicago office and the ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience as a residential interior architect.
The responsibilities of the job will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate ownership of a wide range of projects which are all varied in size and level of complexity; and show a full understanding of the tasks needed to complete a project from design to installation and delivery to a client.
- Prepare client presentations, design drawings, and construction documents.
- Mentor and lead junior architects assigned to project
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments given
- Track and manage time and resources during all phases of project(s).
- Assist in construction administration using prescribed methods (Review of submittals, respond to RFI’s, assist in review of pay-applications, and change orders, and accompany to site visits as required)
- Participate in site documentation
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of interior architecture practice with emphasis on materials, construction methods, and integration of various elements and/or aspects.
- Strong motivational characteristics that promote team play amongst all parties involved including the in-house team.
- Leadership qualities that contribute to the development and skill of junior teammates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience preparing client-facing presentations.
- Licensure is preferred, but not a must.
Years of experience: 5-7 years with experience in high-end residential
Education: BS or BFA in Architecture
Software Skills: AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Blue Beam, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Google Sketch-Up