Suzanne Lovell Inc. is looking for a Project Interior Architect / Project Interior Designer
Who we are: For over 30 years, Suzanne Lovell Inc. has consistently delivered gracious and timeless residences for private clients. With a solid architectural foundation, we strive every day to design residential interiors that offer unique lifestyle experiences for our clients. Our team of experts work collaboratively across a range of specialties and disciplines including interior architecture, interior design, fine art research, construction administration and custom furniture design. In addition to a lively and creative work environment, we are proud to offer eligible team members a competitive compensation package including medical benefits, 401k matching, paid time off and a hybrid work schedule. We believe that a picture is worth a thousand words, as such please explore our work at www.suzannelovellinc.com
About the role: Suzanne Lovell Inc. is searching for a motivated and passionate Project Architect or Interior Designer to support the Architectural Design who can own project designs, interior and exterior elevations, palette development, material selection and drawing sets. This is a full-time role based in our Chicago office and the ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience as a residential interior architect.
The responsibilities of the job will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate ownership of a wide range of projects which are all varied in size and level of complexity; and show a full understanding of the tasks needed to design and complete a project from lead imagery development through final delivery to the Client.
- Prepare client presentations, design drawings, and construction documents.
- Mentor and lead junior architects assigned to project
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments given
- Track and manage time and resources during all phases of project(s).
- Act as a point person for General Contractors and assume the role of Client Advocate at the site
- Participate in Construction Administration as required using the prescribed methods such as review of submittals, responding to RFI’s, review of pay-applications and change orders, performing site visits as required
- Participate in site documentation
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of interior architecture practice with emphasis on materials, construction methods, and integration of various elements and/or aspects.
- Strong motivational characteristics that promote team play amongst all parties involved including the in-house team.
- Leadership qualities that contribute to the development and skill of junior teammates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience preparing client-facing presentations.
- Licensure is preferred, but not a must.
Years of experience: 5-7 years with experience in high-end residential
Education: BS or BFA in Architecture
Software Skills: AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Blue Beam, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Google Sketch-Up